Tuesday, February 28, 2012

84th Academy Awards

For us movie-buffs, the Academy Awards are more important than the Superbowl, the Presidential Election, Christmas, etc. From the dresses, to the actual winners, the Academy Awards have been my favorite night of the year since I was five years old. Every year I watch and dream what one day my Oscar dress will look like, who I will thank in my Oscar speech, who I would see and thank for all of their inspiration.... but mostly what my pretty dress will look like (Black off the shoulder gown. Preferably a Valentino design).
This year, the excitement was no exception. And the Oscars were no disappointment. Here is my little overview of the 84th Annual Academy Awards:

Best Dressed:


#3
Rooney Mara in Givenchy


#2
Mila Jovovich in Elie Saab


#1
Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen


My Favorite Winners of the Night:

Octavia Spencer for Best Supporting Actress in "The Help"


Christopher Plummer for Best Supporting Actor in "Beginners"


Meryl Streep for Best Actress in "Iron Lady"


Jean Dujardin for Best Actor
And "The Artist" for Best Picture.


The Best Oscar Moments:

Melissa Mccarthy and Rose Byrne with the "Scorsese" drinking game.

Angelina Jolie and her "Right Leg"

Sacha Baron Cohen as The Dictator spilling ashes all over Ryan Seacrest.
"If anyone asks you what you're wearing, just say 'Kim Jong Il!'"








No comments:

Post a Comment